Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring + Manitoba = Flood



This is the view from our front window. Normally you wouldn't have to canoe to the park! They are saying that this flooding will be comparable to the 1997 "Flood of the Century" which was the last spring that Grant and I were living here! So it would seem that the Red River just waits until the Anderson's are in the vicinity, then SPLOOOSH! I had forgotten about the constant speculation of the size of the crest by the media. I do believe that Manitoban's and North Dakotan's do have the right to get nervous, we don't have a great track record in the flood department.

I think we will be just fine in Niverville, but it looks like I won't be able to get to work during the peak. Wow, that "sucks"! hee hee

I just hope that all the farm animals will be safe. I found that most difficult to handle last flood!

I will send all positive energy and it should be alright for all! Here's to not being able to get to work and having all days to draw and paint and play with the furkids!

No comments: