Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 1 Vegan

Well, I have to say that my first day as a Vegan was awesome!!  I never once felt deprived and I will share my day meals with you...
Breakfast is the picture above...Quinoa with raisins and cinnoman and a glass of Soy mixed with Vega powder http://myvega.com/ (chai vanilla flavor...yum) See how the sheepie 1 & 2 love the quinoa too!

I had a snack of a banana mid morning at work  then....


for lunch I ordered cabbage soup, house salad and sourdough toast (unbuttered of course) from http://stellas.ca I am very lucky to work at Stella's Cafe where we have a number of Vegan options.
I had a mid afternoon snack of an apple and came home and made this...
Basmati rice with sauted Kale and tofu...it was amazing!!!  I just used a tablespoon of Coconut oil, ginger, garlic and Bragg's and sauted up the tofu and kale...yummmmmy!! (the photography choice wasn't smart...live and learn)

Anyone else doing the challange?
Looking forward to Day 2!

1 comment:

~Noreen said...

I am SO excited for you and this challenge! Can't wait to hear all about it...